Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Goal Update - Increase Income for the year by 5%

I have updated my goals page and decided that their is room for one more goal this year. I plan on increasing my yearly salary by 5% compared to last year. This will help me keep up with inflation and its a great way to make sure I am progressing each year in the work force. In order to make sure I achieve my goal I might have to work a little extra overtime, but I may also start looking for a higher paying job. The interest and dividends I collect for the year will also help me because that is also considered income at the end of the year. The last five years have been pretty good for me and I have managed to keep myself on an upwards trend.
  • In 2010 I increased my yearly income by 41.8%
  • In 2011 I increased my yearly income by 4.8%
  • In 2012 I increased my yearly income by 21.3%
  • In 2013 I increased my yearly income by 16.4%
  • In 2014 I hope to increase my yearly income by 5% which would make it $34,257
















2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new goal of higher income. As you know interest and dividends will certainly help achieve that goal too. Don't kill yourself with too much overtime as well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DH,
    Thanks for your words of encouragement. I am hoping by increasing my interest and dividend earnings, I will be able to reach my goal. It's exciting to see that every month I am earning money from a few different accounts. I was also looking at possible starting a CD ladder as another way to earn interest. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete