Friday, September 12, 2014

Recent Buys, 6 New Blogsters, and a New Goal


I have been consistently adding to my portfolio on a weekly basis. This week I decided to buy into 6 great companies that I feel will continue to produce solid dividends in the future. 

Company
Amount Invested
Share Price
TIME WARNER (TWX)
$50
$75.95
UNILEVER (UL)
$50
$44.09
APPLE (APPL)
$100
$98.99
DISNEY (DIS)
$50
$90.65
KRFT (KRFT)
$100
$58.38
MATTEL (MAT)
$50
$35.02
Total Capital Invested
$400
 

 
This week I am just going to give you a short description or opinion of each of these companies. I have written about all of these companies in the past so I want to keep things simple this time around.
Disney

Disney may not seem cheap at the moment but you really have to look at the long term growth for the company. I don’t really like to speculate, but I am anticipating the next 4-5 years are going to be huge for Disney. The dividends are low but the growth possibilities are huge.

Mattel
Another company I would like to briefly talk about is Mattel. Mattel doesn’t seem to get much love because of their poor quarterly earnings. I am honestly in shock because every time I go to a child’s birthday party, most of the action figures or toys are made by Mattel. If you walk into a Toys-R-Us, you will be amazed at how many toys Mattel actually makes. Again I might be speculating here, but I don’t think phones and tablets will ever replace toys in general. I am really hoping Mattel will figure out how to stay innovative and continue producing toys that kids will love for years to come. In the meantime I will continue making small purchases at the current cheap prices.

Time Warner
I wish I could have TimeWarner as a cable service but unfortunately only Comcast is available in my area. Comcast is obnoxiously overpriced and I would never get cable from them.

Apple
Could Apple be a future trillion dollar company? I wouldn’t doubt that at all. This company never seizes to amaze me even though I don’t own any of their products.

Unilever & Kraft
What household doesn’t have Unilever and Kraft products? I purchase Axe products and Kraft shredded cheese all the time.

 
New Blogsters
I am pleased to announce that I have added 6 new blogsters to the list. I can now stay up to date with each and every post that you make. Thanks for the ongoing support and I look forward to reading your articles.
My Net Worth Goal for 2015

I recently wrote about how I successfully completed a net worth goal for 2014. In order to stay motivated and continue moving forward I have posted a new net worth goal for 2015. In order to successfully complete this goal I must have a new net worth of $50,000 by the end of 2015. I am ahead of the game because there are still 3 months left in 2014. Cheers to a bright and successful future!

 

19 comments:

  1. Hey DM,
    Some solid purchases you go there. I'm liking the way you think especially when it came to the purchase on Mattel, way to stay above the herd. They truly are the big boys on the block when it comes to children's toys. Looking for to more posts. Also a big thank you for the shout, I'll be sure to return the gesture :)

    Take care

    Ace

    ReplyDelete
  2. DD,
    Thanks you for the compliment. I really like Mattel at these prices. I am going to keep adding in order to average down my cost basis. I'm glad to have you on board the blogsters list because it's easier for me to keep track of what you are posting. I am also hoping other bloggers will notice your blog so that they will also add it to their blogger list. Good luck with your investments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the add. Very solid buys that you got. I've been eyeing Disney for a while now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping to add a full position in Disney within the next few months. Eventually the $50 small purchases will give me a solid foundation to my portfolio. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Good buys here, and we share a couple of companies on the list. I've also been adding heavily to Mattel in my Loyal3 account given the relative weakness in their share price the last few months. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it's a good time to buy at the current Mattel prices. The market is starting to cool off a bit so I am going to keep adding small amounts while some companies are still fairly valued.

      Delete
  5. It's pretty cool that you can buy in small quantities like that. Are there any commission fees associated with that, just wondering?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are no fees with buying or selling any of the companies on Loyal3. I even get the added 1.5% cash back rewards which is a huge plus.

      Delete
  6. I've been adding pretty regularly to my Loyal3 portfolio as well. Congrats again on already passing your original net worth goal and best of luck on reaching the new one. It's always motivating to reach a goal and strive for an even higher mark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have been making small purchases into Loyal3 for two months now and have built a decent foundation to my portfolio. I can't wait to get to my new net worth goal. It helps to keep track of everything on the Personal Capital app.

      Delete
  7. DM,

    Thanks for mention! I've just added you to my blogroll as well. I'm liking the DIS and UL picks. I've just started adding them through Loyal3 as well.

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for adding me to your blogroll. DIS and UL are two of my favorite holdings. I need to add more to Disney before the price sky rockets and becomes too over valued.

      Delete
  8. DM,
    Thanks for adding my blog to the list.

    Congrats on meeting your net worth goal for the year with 4 months to spare and good luck with your goal for 2015. Based on my recent goals update, it looks like I will be meeting 2 of my goals for the year in the next month and 1 goal looks to be a close finish. Need to see how it goes.

    DGJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem and thanks for the support. I'm glad that I finished my goal a lot earlier than expected. I can get a head start on my 2015 net worth goal. Good luck with your goals! That's great that you are pretty much done with them. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. I think MAT should pick it up by Christmas time! :)
    Congrats on meeting your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree they will probably do well around Christmas. Now is definitely the time to buy while prices are still low. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. UL and KRFT have been two stocks that I have been buying a bit of in recent months. In fact, I just added some UL this week to my portfolio. It is a new position for me. I wish I had bought it years ago along with my PG. Oh well. Thanks for sharing your recent buys with us. From your list I'm partial to those two stocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DivHut,
      UL is presenting a better buying opportunity as of late. I plan on adding to this in the upcoming weeks. I am glad the market is dipping a bit so that we can continue buying into companies at better prices. KRFT is another one that I want to consistently add to my portfolio for the long term. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete